Historical in KC

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat Dec 12 21:26 MST 1998

----------
> From: A440A@aol.com
> To: caut@ptg.org
> Subject: Historical in KC
> Date: Friday, December 11, 1998 5:32 PM
>
> Greetings fellow CAUTS,

>      I have been asked to give two classes at the national convention in
KC
> this year on the historical temperaments,
> I don't plan on emphasizing "how" to tune these temperaments, but
rather, on
> how to implement the consideration of them,
> Best,
> Ed Foote

I am interested in how the composers of keyboard music themselves
considered the tuning of their instruments before ET and how that related
to tonality of key signatures, if they composed according to that, or if
they even perceived that. It might seem the logical place to start, are
Bach's notes on tuning for WTC, but there are none.........

Richard Moody