Another Question

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 12 18:18 MST 1998

Hi Allan and Jon,
                          Hmmmm, now there's a provoking thought?  20-25%
offffffffffffff, sorry guy's just a typo.  Mention money and every one pays
attention, I wonder why?  As a dealer I always think of contract tech's as
partners. Both parties are independent business persons, but both should
work for each others COMMON goals.  I am truly blessed to be working with
people that share my views, as I share their's. All pulling with the same
oar is the name of the game.
  I never nickle and dime the tech's that I work with, but i would not take
kindly to being charged to have a few flanges tightened. As a dealer it's
smart business to have happy and competent techs. To gain respect from
them, I have to be seen to be loyal in promoting their interest, in return
they have been wonderful in promoting mine.
  I've digressed but this subject of dealer/tech relationships, is some
thing that I have lectured at dealer sales groups and piano tech seminars,
WE AND THEM is out, WE Together is the way to success.
Just my personal take on the subject.
Regards Roger.

Hmmmmm 25% of?

At 07:02 PM 12/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>Did you mean "20-25% of" or "20-25% off"?
>
>Allan
>
>Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
>Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
>Berry College
>Calhoun, GA USA
>
>In a message dated 12/12/98 6:31:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:
>
><< Your in home warranty work should be billed out at 20-25% of your normal
> rates, As a dealer I think that is fair, and I have no complaints from any
> of the 4 contract techs that I have working with me. >>

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.