Historical in KC

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Fri Dec 11 18:17 MST 1998

Ed:

As I have mentioned historical temperaments here at SMU I seem to find
interest from the harpsi people (but I don't tune the harpsichords) and
no interest from anyone else.  We even have a forte piano person in
residence (Dr. Martha Clinkscale) and she tunes her own FP in ET.  I
mentioned to a music history prof. that I would do some historical
temperaments if he needed that for a class.  He looked at me funny, and
said he could see the need for an HT on a harpsichord but couldn't see
why he would want one on a piano.

A look at appropriate places to use HTs and how to sell the idea to
academicians would be good.  We have some class  rooms that have
multiple pianos.  I suppose I could tune one in an HT, but I think most
people would just think it to be out of tune.  Any ideas either now, or
in KC would be great.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts