Historical in KC

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri Dec 11 16:57 MST 1998

Greetings fellow CAUTS,
     I suppose I will ask the pianotech list about this later, but for now,
the caut list seems to be a more experienced group, and in the main, possessed
of more common sense, so I am starting here.
     I have been asked to give two classes at the national convention in KC
this year on the historical temperaments, and I would like to get some
suggestions from my fellow techs on the content that would be most valuable.
I don't plan on emphasizing "how" to tune these temperaments, but rather, on
how to implement the consideration of them, and perhaps the academic
environment is the most fertile and difficult place for this.  Avery has begun
the crusade down in Texas, and I  imagine there are several others that have
given exposure to the concept.
    What I would like to ask for from the caut community is suggestions of
what would be of value on this topic.
Thanks for any responses
Best,
Ed Foote