a Visiting Scholar From China

lianqii lianqii@sy-public.ln.cninfo.net
Mon Dec 7 07:59 MST 1998

   =20
        To whom it may concern,
        =20
           I am a teacher of piano technology at Shenyang Conservatory =
of Music,and I have just been granted the financial support from the =
Chinese Government to pursue studies in U.S.A. as a visiting scholar for =
a period of one year.If you are willing to know more about myself or =
Shenyang Conservatory of Music,Please contact me.
        Here is the Certificate of the China Scholarship Council =
Scholarship.     =20
       =20
        ---------------------------------------------                    =
                                                                         =
                                                                         =
                                                                         =
        =20
        No.98821152
        Mr. Liu Baoli:
        This is to certify that,after being processed  by a group of =
academic experts,you have been granted the financial support from the =
China Scholarship Council to pursue research and studies in the United =
States of American as a visiting scholar for a period of 12 months.
        The sponsorship covers mainly international travel tickets, =
living stipend,health insurance and necessary allowance.
        CHINA SCHOLARSHIP COUNCIL
        ---------------------------------------------=20
       =20
        BASIC INFORMATION OF SCM AND MYSELF
        Shenyang Conservatory of Music is one of the oldest and biggest =
conservatories in China.It was established by Chairman Mao Tse-Tong in =
1938 and now it has More than 1500 students major in music,music =
education and dancing .The Piano Technology Major(Department)was =
establish in 1976.
        =20
        I began to study music at an early age.
        From 1981 to 1985 I studied Mechanical Engineering and got my =
Bachelor Degree.
        From 1987 to 1990 I studied Piano Acoustics and Vibration Theory =
and got my Master Degree.
        From 1985 to 1987 I taught Mechanical Engineering at Tangshan =
University.
        From 1990 to 1994 I taught Musical Acoustics,Piano Making and =
Mechanics at SCM.
        From 1994 I have been taught Music Acoustics and Piano =
Technology.
        At the same time of teaching,I have been doing researching work =
and published more than ten papers about musical acoustics and piano =
technology.
        I also act as the chief piano technician of SCM.
       =20
        Baoli Liu
        Shenyang Conservatory of Music
        P.R.China