quick voicing poll

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 4 17:43 MST 1998

At 04:33 PM 12/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Jeff,
>           Wet needling is the way to go.
>Now for my flame suit or straight jacket.
>Regards roger

Roger,
	Can't wait to try it on a couple of over-pounded L's and R's from a few
years ago. Seems like the ones that get moderate play don't get near as
bad. On the other hand, we don't have any moisture in the air to help the
hardening process. (can't hardly quick-set CA glue, either!) Matter of
fact, the dryness makes for problems if you use the "pliers" method
mentioned on another post. I've found that squeeze-a-fied hammers sound ok
for awhile, but then become very difficult to file, or even lightly dress,
and picky little voicing changes are almost impossible.
	I've never done a  "flush" as described, but I've had good luck on the
BPO's with just straight acetone right on the strike till it soaks down to
just about the tip of the moulding.
Good luck with whatever you do, Jeff.

Guy
"When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty."