Bass string question

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 3 15:50 MST 1998

Hi Guy,
            Boy that has a ring to it,   I'm one of Danny's biggest fans,
but for current production Baldwin Grands with SycroTone bass strings I
would use the factory made strings. 180 degree twist for mono cords, 360
degrees for the bi cords.  When ever I have had to use a custom string due
to breakage, they never sound the same, and I end up ordering factory
replacements.  It is also a lot cheaper.  On current production pianos I
only use GC strings on Yamahas and that is a hugh improvement in warmth and
sustain. Steinway, Bossy, and Baldwin I use the factory suppliers.
Regards Roger

At 12:58 PM 03/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>John,
>	Love 'em. Wouldn't use anything else if the R is under 25 years old. Don't
>over-twist !
>
>Roger? Whaddya think?
>
>Guy Nichols RPT
>nicho@roadrunner.com
>
>At 01:29 PM 12/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>I'm about to restring a Baldwin model R and wonder about the quality/sound
>>of Baldwin bass strings. I've never used them so I'd like to know what
>>others think of them. Thanks.
>>
>>John Minor
>>University of Illinois
>>jminor@uiuc.edu