Bass string question

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 3 13:41 MST 1998

Yup, I've found G&C to be excellent as well. Just didn't want to hassle
with sending them a pattern for a Baldwin. Anyone else?

John Minor

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, david c. brown wrote:

]Hi John-
]
]Don't know what your application is (at school, perhaps? ), but in my
]opinion the best sounding bass strings available aftermarket are GC
]Strings. Their number in Ontario Canada is 416-755-7109. Recently did a D
]in the home and called Danny to order and he just shipped them, no credit
]reference, no credit card, nothing. Very easy to deal with.  His wrap
]length is very consistent and not much bare wire showing before the agraffe
]as in the originals. Somewhat pricey, but more than worth it in the sound.
]Very rich with a strong fundamental.  Just my two cents.
]
]David
]
]PS Did I sidestep my opinion of Baldwin bass strings artfully enough?
]