Bass string question

david c. brown dcbrown@mail.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 3 13:00 MST 1998

Hi John-

Don't know what your application is (at school, perhaps? ), but in my
opinion the best sounding bass strings available aftermarket are GC
Strings. Their number in Ontario Canada is 416-755-7109. Recently did a D
in the home and called Danny to order and he just shipped them, no credit
reference, no credit card, nothing. Very easy to deal with.  His wrap
length is very consistent and not much bare wire showing before the agraffe
as in the originals. Somewhat pricey, but more than worth it in the sound.
Very rich with a strong fundamental.  Just my two cents.

David

PS Did I sidestep my opinion of Baldwin bass strings artfully enough?

>I'm about to restring a Baldwin model R and wonder about the quality/sound
>of Baldwin bass strings. I've never used them so I'd like to know what
>others think of them. Thanks.
>
>John Minor
>University of Illinois
>jminor@uiuc.edu