old steinway info

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri Aug 28 07:42 MDT 1998

>Who do I contact for detailed information (other than just the date) about
>a specific Steinway using only serial number identification?
>
>John David Chapman, RPT
>Piano Technician
>Wake Forest University

What kind of info are you looking for?  I have called Steinway and gotten
not only the date but model, finish, and the dealer it was sent to.  I have
occasionally even gotten the original owners name.  If you are looking for
specific tech. info, your best bet would be posting here or the ptg list.

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429