ISU Piano Maintenance

Tue Apr 28 16:15 MDT 1998

Lorlin,

Just an FYI on the Guide.

While it fills a sorely needed gap, be very careful in
applying it's formuli to any given situation.  Depending
on the competency (and, basic penny-pinching nature,
or lack of same) of your administration, there are a few
errors in the staffing formula which can cause problems.
Nothing major, but anything which can be used to subvert
competent maintenance often is.

The debate on this subject is now nearly 10 years old, and
I am not sure if I still have the notes I made during the draft
process.  Different people will have different views.

Best.

Horace

At 02:10 PM 4/28/1998 GMT, you wrote:

>I just discovered in my files a copy of "Guidelines for Effective
>Institutional Piano Maintenance", 1990 PTG printing.  I will be reading it
>through.  If this is the most up-to-date CAUT information available I
>appreciate it's existence.  Any further input on arriving at  an annual
>budget for labor and materials costs will will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks Again!
>
>Lorlin Barber, RPT

Horace Greeley, CNA, MCP, RPT

Systems Analyst/Engineer