weekend work

Carl F. fischerc@nevada.edu
Fri Apr 24 08:26 MDT 1998

Dear list,

At my school they are required to pay me overtime for any weekend work.  Which
my boss happily informs all faculty and students about.  I get paid for a
minimum of 2 hours whether I work for 15 minutes or 2 hours.  When faculty or
students have to pay extra for weekend or holiday work, they usually just ask
for it to be tuned on friday before I leave.  My boss is great and he is
genuinely concerned about my time off.  BTW he insists on paying for me to
attend the PTG conferences.

When I first started working at the university they gave me compensatory time
for weekend work, but then somebody sued and the Court ordered them to start
paying overtime.

hope this helps,

--
Carl Fischer, RPT
UNLV Piano Shop

to reply, click below, or remove "nospam" from email address above

mailto:fischerc@nevada.edu

"You may make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you start blaming
someone else"

"Great people talk about IDEAS, Average people talk about THINGS, Small people
talk about OTHER PEOPLE."

"Blessed is the Man who expects nothing.
 For He shall never be disappointed"