A Day Off

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon Apr 20 07:27 MDT 1998

Dear Avery,

You are intitled to some days off.

I tuned for student recitals on Friday and for guest and faculty
recitals on the day they occur.  Tuning requests had to go through the
department coordinator who knew what was happening where, when and by
whom.  If it did not go through her it did not happen.  She was my
immediate superior and we worked out the weekj's schedule first thing
Monday morning.

I worked for Rutgers 466 weeks (less the nine weeks I was laid off) I
spent 138, or 30%, of my weekends; 93 Saturdays, 82 Sundays and 37
weeks of both Saturdays and Sundays attending to the recital and
concert needs of the department.

Since I had to put in 37.5 hours per week and many times I exceeded that
number, I would take any excess time off at 1.5 times overtime.

You are overt stretched with 120 pianos and no help, or do you have
help?  Check your job discription and keep exacting records of you time
in and out so ytou can show the hours you have spent on the job.  I have
a nice form I designed over a period of years that keep tyrack of time
for entire quarter.  If you would like to have a copy I can fax it to
you if you send your fax number.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com