Removing Hammer Staples

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu Oct 23 11:53 MDT 1997

At 08:58 PM 10/21/97 GMT, you wrote:
>What's the consensus on the purpose of staples in hammers and whether or not
>they should be removed?
>
>Lorlin Barber
>ISU Music Hall

Lorlin, (welcome to the odd names club),
	I once had a hammer manufacturer tell me that the staples were there for
the sole purpose of meeting institutional bid specifications. Could be
right? I've never noticed much of a tonal difference between those with,
and those without. Even out here in the drydrydrydry desert, de-lamination
is not a common problem with modern hammers.

Guy Nichols, RPT
@NMSU
@WNMU
@Las Cruces Symphony
@El Paso Symphony (sometimes, they have a new budget person who the
production manager will kill off here shortly and they can get back to
buying our services instead of the "underbid at all costs" butcher, who
after the last session a few years ago, got the D to a point where it had
to be shipped back to S&S.)
@and 'ragular' folks, too