Filing over-needled hammers

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed Oct 22 17:24 MDT 1997

Greetings Kent,

> A nagging slow-repetition problem (that I assume is
> geometry-related) remains in this action that I am embarassed to say I
> have not been able to get a handle on.  Next call.

I have had similar problems with one particular piano and eventually
found that the hammer flange pinning was too loose.  Once repinned to
seven swings and a minor adjustment of the spring tension the problem
disappeared.  ALso the pinning in the rep lever post is critical for
good repitition.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com