Hammer Weight

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun Oct 19 16:15 MDT 1997

Actually I just looked up the hammer weight chart made up by David
Stanwood.  Assuming you weigh a #1 hammer at 10 grams without a shank
attached you are in the lower range of medium power range.  You should
do a full analysis of this action:

	Key weight from balance point to 10mm from front end of wood
	Strike weight from center pin to strike point
	Wippen weight from center pin to capstan cetner
	Up weight, down weight for friction and balance weight
	True key leverage.

David Stanwood published the formulas to subject these data to some
while back.  Go to the archives and retrieve his posts.

I hope this gets you started in exploring optimumizing actions.

Have a good week.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com