Practice Room Problems

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 10 18:06 MST 1997

>List,
>
>   Do any of you college techs have a good way for the students to notify
>you when there is a problem with a piano? Envelope for notes on a bulletin
>board? Note pads in practice rooms?
>   In the new building, my shop is no longer in the practice room area and
>one of the teachers just told me a couple of students have said "but we
>don't know where his shop is". Duuh. Find out. But you know how students
>can be at times. :-)
>   Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
>
>Avery

Avery,

We have installed Piano Service Request boxes near the piano practice rooms
on each floor of our building and outside our office for students to notify
us of problems with pianos. These are hinged boxes with a slot in the top.
Students write down the room number, the piano, and a brief description of
the problem on a piece of paper. We monitor these boxes daily. This method
has worked very well for us over the years.

Good luck.

Tom

Tom Seay
The University of Texas at Austin