key bushings

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon Jun 16 13:37 MDT 1997

Don,

   I'm planning on doing this too. I intend for the first set to be on our
Hamburg D in the recital hall. However, *this* one (as a first time thing)
I'm going to take to the Rappaport's and have them go through it with me.
They have leather put into all their new keyboards and have done some
rebushing with it, also.
   Gives me an excuse to get out of town for a day, too. :-)
   I also have a compilation of some previous posts from pianotech about
installing leather bushings. If you're interested, let me know.

Avery

>On to another subject. I have started rebushing keys with leather. This a
>first for me so we will see how it goes. My first trials will be on
>practice room grands. Anybody care to comment on what I can expect? Ken
>Walkup has had success with leather bushing at Cornell.
>
>Don McKechnie

Avery Todd
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
atodd@uh.edu

Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE: <http://www.cauce.org/
(The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email)