Avery's Move & "Play-off"

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat Jun 14 09:43 MDT 1997

Paul,

   I agree. I'm REALLY looking forward to being in the new building. We're
supposed to actually have some humidity & temperature control! I'm just not

too thrilled with the process of getting there. :-)
   Now if I actually get the new, expensive workbench I asked for.........

>Even with all the headachs,etc. I'm sure no one needs to tell you how
>envious we all are. New facilities, new instruments, a new shop..... I
>should live so long.
>
>Paul E. Dempsey

   By the way, in relation to new instruments (there's not going to be
*that* many, except for a lot more lease instruments), the local
Kawai/Baldwin dealer wants to put his new Kawai EX & GS-100, plus a new
Baldwin out here with our new Steinway D(s) and maybe our rebuilt American
D and have a sort of "play-off". Sounds like fun and might prove to be very
interesting! I've tuned and/or prepped both the GS-100 and the Baldwin and
in our new Opera Hall, IMHO, the only ones that would probably work well in
a concerto situation are our rebuilt D, the EX and, depending, the new D.
   Horacio Gutierrez is picking out our new D and he said he was having
trouble finding one he *really* liked. So, we'll see.
   Stay tuned for the next installment. :-)

Avery

Avery Todd
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
atodd@uh.edu

Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE: <http://www.cauce.org/
(The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email)