Test

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Jun 10 11:19 MDT 1997

Hi Paul & others,

   I'm also on the list, but haven't been on line much lately. I just
downloaded 226 messages!
   I've been using up some of almost 100 hrs. of comp. time I built up
during the fall & spring semesters. I've also been doing some computer work
at home (I took my school computer home) getting things pertaining to the
school out of my home computer and into my school computer.

>Just out of curiosity, are there any CAUT's partaking of this new list as yet?

>Paul E. Dempsey

   We're supposed to start the move into our new building the last day of
June, so I've also been trying to get all that organized so I can do a print
out for the movers just telling them "the piano from this room number goes
to that room number". Plus, I've got to start packing some of the shop
stuff soon to get ready for the new one. I'm really looking forward to
being in the new building, except for all the extra new pianos we'll have
there which will need a lot more frequent tuning (i.e. more lease pianos
and 7 new Steinways).
But I'm not looking forward to the moving process at all. :-)
   Have any of you had to deal with a bidding process for this kind of
move? It's really kind of ridiculous. I just talked to one of the movers
who called
me and said that the bid specified "replacement value" insurance. According
to the mover, no insurance company will even handle that unless the mover
is moving new pianos! There are a lot of other things that seem kind of
ridiculous to me, but we'll see. There's a mandatory "pre-bid walk-through"
this Friday morning, so I guess I'll find out then whether or not I'm going to
have any movers. :-)
   More later.

Avery