Alan's comments

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon Jun 9 16:34 MDT 1997

>...Actually, I've been contemplating unsubscribing from PIANOTECH for some
>time now and was hoping a CAUT list would develop (again)...
>
>...Does it make sense to try *some* form of list management of CAUT in the
>short run?  Don't ask me what form that management might take...I
>haven't any ideas so far :)
>
>Regards,
>
>Alan Crane, RPT
>School of Music
>Wichita State University
>crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu

Dear Alan, caut list,

I feel it is very reasonable to consider list management in some form for
posting to the caut list, however minimal.

One initial step that could be taken to accomplish a semblance of list
management is to ask of all caut subscribers, when posting to the caut
list, to sign each post with credentials of their involvement with a
college and/or university.    It would create credibility for the list's
namesake.

Each caut subscriber, once having understood the general wishes of the caut
list, who might choose to ignore this simple request (should that actually
ever occur), would be considered showing a form of disrespect or
discourteousness to the others.

Since there is a pianotech list for all other piano type related material,
I don't feel the caut list should be considered by non-caut persons as
intentionally exclusive other than for its intended purpose, a forum for
college and university technicians.

FYI: Prior to this post, current subscribers to the pianotech list showed
298, subscribers to caut list showed 28.

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician