Test

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon Jun 9 11:39 MDT 1997

At 01:22 PM 6/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Just out of curiosity, are there any CAUT's partaking of this new list as
yet?

Paul,
	I subscribed, but I haven't caught up on last week's e-mail yet. I hadn't
noticed if any of the posts I've crashed thru were from the CAUT list. When
there's a couple of hundred there, it's easy to just hit delete without
actually looking at all the header stuff. I suppose I could set up another
filter, for now your test came in my regular box, not tech or 'L'.

	I suppose that situations and conditions of practice, teaching, and
performance venue pianos is what we're looking at, although work contracts,
budgets, and piano replacement strategies are also of major concern.

	The University we(myself and Tim Rainwater,RPT,) take care of is New
Mexico State University. The music department is, uh, well, not the main
thrust at this school. Mind you, the people working the dept. are extremely
dedicated. There's only about 50 pianos here, we just do a twice yearly
tuning on contract, and a few performance tunings for the symphony.

	The former tuner (6...7..yrs ago) is the pianist-in-residence. He had been
in the guild, and does a quite passable tuning. Like alot of us, his hands
got tired of it, and he sorta phased out. Now he tunes his office pianos,
and not much else.

	Our biggest problem is climate control, the pianos swing alot, and a
2-tuning cycle just can't match up with class schedule demands.

	Looking forward to further participation in this specific list,

Guy Nichols, RPT

>Paul E. Dempsey
>Piano Tuner/Technician
>Marshall University